Hp Deskjet 1010 Printer

SHELBYGT

In Runtime
My sister gave me her printer yesterday, hasn't been used maybe 3 or 4 times.

My question is this. The black ink wont show. On pictures it wont show, microsoft word it wont show.

Ink levels are good. The color cartridge works fine. But if i print something off of adobe, like a pdf file, the black ink works really well. Kinda lost

If it's rarely used, the carts might be gunked up. Take a cotton swap and wet it with warm water and wipe away the cartridge pores. You could also use isopropyl alcohol and not have to wait as long for it to dry.

Have you used the printers software to align and clean the print heads?
If the ink is old, it won't work like it should. replace the ink cartridges

My sister gave me her printer yesterday, hasn't been used maybe 3 or 4 times.

My question is this. The black ink wont show. On pictures it wont show, microsoft word it wont show.

Ink levels are good. The color cartridge works fine. But if i print something off of adobe, like a pdf file, the black ink works really well. Kinda lost

Sounds like the printer head needs to be recalibrated.
Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage and Deskjet 1010 Printer Series | HP® Support

I suggest you read that now if it still doesn't work contact hp for rma help.
Ask your sister for the warranty info and receipt so you can get service help.

If it's rarely used, the carts might be gunked up. Take a cotton swap and wet it with warm water and wipe away the cartridge pores. You could also use isopropyl alcohol and not have to wait as long for it to dry.

This tip worked. Sorry for the delay in response. I been down with some type of cold, yuck. Thank you guys.

Went to walmart to get a thing of ink and seen that i could buy a new printer cheaper than i can buy ink for. That makes no sense at all.

Yup...that's not unusual.
If the ink costs more than the printer...Then just get another printer with ink for less
Printer manufactures don't make as much money on the printers as they do for the ink. So when you cough up $60. or $70. for ink, your really paying for those really cheap printers you see for $40.

buy a cheap $35. to $40. printer and when the ink runs out, throw it away and get another cheap printer....it costs less

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom