Upgrading Mobo, CPU, and Ram

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Hey all,

So it's that time again to upgrade half of the computer, mainly a new Mobo, CPU, and Ram.

Old CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield Quad-Core 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Processor BX80601950 - Newegg.com

Old Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Formula LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Old Ram: G.SKILL 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-3GBNQ - Newegg.com (Over the years I upgraded the RAM on its own, that's not the current RAM in my system)

I'm a PC gaming enthusiast, and am looking for the best hardware within a reasonable price, no more than $300 per part.

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated!

Gaming enthusiast entails......? Do you stream, record, edit video, or do you just game with said machine?

Also, what GPU, PSU, and storage media do you currently have?

Ah ok, you can reuse those. If you want, you can buy another 8GB for 32GB total. Not necessary at all, but I know some people are OCD about that kind of thing.

Awesome, thanks for all the help!

Just one quick question for that CPU, I play ARMA 2 a lot which is a very CPU intensive game. Even with the GPU and RAM that I have now it still stutters every now and then. Will it be smoother with that CPU?

Yes. Even the second gen Sandy Bridge Core i series was a significant jump in performance compared to first gen. That i5 is a 4th gen Core i. I mean, I even play Amra 3 fine with a second gen.

Back
Top Bottom