Absolute best vid card on market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True_Orb said:
But I've heard the 256mb can actually slow speeds, that true?
If I could get a good brand 6800 GT for 128 for less, that'd be nice. Is the ASUS any good?

What's the use of 256 in the next few years anyway?

Only the Radeon 9800 Pro is slowed by 256MB.

Arrow, this is for a new computer. I don't think this card would compliment my current setup very well. :)

oh OK, apologies for a BAD comment, it is though compatible (the Duron)

ok, hee is the myth, its generally seen that AMD works well with nVidia and intel with ATi.

also, image quality of nvidia is good rather than ATi's

and speed of ATi is good rather than nvidia's

this above is taken generally, not on every application).
now you decide what to go for, as if i've to say, AMD and nVidia came with something new this time, so go for that combination. ALSO, Apple macs use nvidia in their high-end power macs. thus means nvidia is something to think about.

I don't really understand what is supposed to be true and what false in that statement, arrow. :)

However it seems I have money for a higher-end card, so unless you can convince me of something of something faster for the same price or a LOT cheaper but close in performance, it's eVGA 6800GT 256MB for me.
The vid card dilemma has driven me up the wall. ATI vs Nvidia, 9800, 6600, 6800, 128mb or 256mb. ARGH!

then get 6800, thats what i said best match for AMD system. and if u buy board on nVidia N-Force-3 chipset, the you might never see incompatibiliy b/w board and agp card.

Blind_Arrow said:
oh OK, apologies for a BAD comment, it is though compatible (the Duron)

ok, hee is the myth, its generally seen that AMD works well with nVidia and intel with ATi.

others say that ATI is better with AMD and Nvidia is better with Intel
but either way, it is still just a myth; video cards do not favour different brand CPU's, although graphics cards do favour faster CPU's.
it is the CPU that processes the polygons and the graphics card colours and shades it all, and a lot of graphics cards are slowed down waiting for the polygons to be processed by the CPU, this happens more so with the 6800's and X800's.
the graphics are slightly better on Nvidia's 6x00 GPU's than ATI's Xxx0 GPU's because of smartshader 3.0, but in the previous generation it was ATI that had better graphics, with Smartshader 2.0 on the 9xx0 series when the Nvidia's 5xx0 series I don't think had a smartshader engine, or they might have had version 1.0

Blind_Arrow said:

Actually, ATI has slightly better image quality (not noticable unless you look at two screenshots side by side and even then its hard to tell), and Nvidia with its 6800 series is much faster than the X800 series in framerate and in benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom