Drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
My NEC drive can't read CD's anymore for some reason but it can read DVD's still. Everquest and Sims 2 works (becuase there DVD's) but Doom 3 and music CD's dont now. Anyone know whats going on.

Help is greatly apprecaited

My drive dident come with any driver and the same for my brother who has the exact system specs as mine including the same nec drive, and he has never installed any sort of driver for the drive, and his work perfectly. When I do put in a CD the drive makes a click sound ever few seconds or so. The IDE idea dident work either.

Still I need some feedback, help is greatly apprecaited!

he meant to say,

go to My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager

there locate your DVD Drive and click remove, restart your system and see the refreshed drivers will work on reading CD's or not.

if still not, then its time for replacement. are you having too many fans in your casing?

I went to the device manager and nistalled my Nec drive and then rebooted tried an other CD and it still doesent work. I also went ahead and put in Everquest 2 which is a DVD and it still it works. Only DVD's are working not Cd's. My Nec drive is only 5 months old but whould this sound like a ploblem that I should peplace it or not?

I really aprraciat this feedback

Yeah a few trance music ones and Doom 3

When I put in a DVD it sounds like the drive is doing its job but when ever I put in a CD is makes aclicking sound ever secong or so the dies away but the disk is not read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom