Gaming TV

Do you mean the Panasonic in the first post? It says it's 120 native.

I guess I'm getting confused. I thought the 120 works with movies only and not the PC.

Nvm then.
I'll goto some stores this weekend and get close to them to get a better feeling of what I want
Thanks

If it's 120Hz native, as in no processing ********, straight 120Hz from the PC then it'll work for anything. It says 120Hz native so I'm assuming native means native.

If it's 120Hz native, as in no processing ********, straight 120Hz from the PC then it'll work for anything. It says 120Hz native so I'm assuming native means native.

So the reason my current tv only outputs 60 is cos its a plasma?
Plus in the first page I thought he said that to for the tv to process 120/240 it really increases the input lag and if I turn game mode on it turns off the 120 240...?!?!?

Last edited:
So the reason my current tv only outputs 60 is cos its a plasma?
Plus in the first page I thought he said that to for the tv to process 120/240 it really increases the input lag and if I turn game mode on it turns off the 120 240...?!?!?
That is for TVs that are native 60Hz and "upscaling" with LED tech/processing to make it 120/240. It works ok for certain movies and sports but it increases processing time which increases input lag.

A trure native 120Hz TV should have no such issues running 120Hz because the input will be 120Hz.

Oh yea, another reason they don't really makes these is because all media output devices are 60Hz like BD players and consoles.

What TV you want to buy depends greatly on what you want in the TV - You're going for a 'gaming TV' so if you see a TV specs as 120hz/240hz then stray away from it. You will be paying for a feature that you will likely never use. 120hz/240hz TVs have an internal process where it makes the input video smoother by using a linear video editing software that takes the original source video and interpolates additional frames between each existing frame. The 120hz/240hz effect looks pretty amazing when watching video but this process that adds additional frames takes about 70-150ms to the responce time of the input video so it effectively kills gaming. If you turn ON the game mode of the TV then the 120hz/240hz features are turned OFF to improve the response time which is crucial for gaming.

You will find that there is no perfect display. You will have to choose between faster response times or wider viewing angles and slightly better color.

Good luck :)

What was he talking about then?

Exactly what I told you on FB. That 98% of all TVs on the market are 60Hz native so a 120 or 240Hz is an upscaled processed image with backlight trickery.

That first screen you posted states 120Hz native 240Hz BLB. The 120Hz should be native and true, keep the 240 off which is post process. In other words, this TV is supposed to be one of the 2% on the market that is true 120Hz. Supposed to be. That's why I said either call to confirm or do a lot of Google to confirm.

Exactly what I told you on FB. That 98% of all TVs on the market are 60Hz native so a 120 or 240Hz is an upscaled processed image with backlight trickery.

That first screen you posted states 120Hz native 240Hz BLB. The 120Hz should be native and true, keep the 240 off which is post process. In other words, this TV is supposed to be one of the 2% on the market that is true 120Hz. Supposed to be. That's why I said either call to confirm or do a lot of Google to confirm.

hmmm alright
man that really sucks how they do that.
I'll look more into it.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom