Help me set up dual hard drives for video gaming

MStarr003

Baseband Member
I need some help in figuring out the best hard drive set up for my system to play video games.

I have a SATA internal and a SSD
WD Caviar black 1TB
Plextor MP Pro 256G SSD

I put the OS (Windows 7) on the SSD.
I would like to know if I should put my other software programs on the SSD too or should I load them onto the SATA drive? Also which drive would I use to install the video game files?

Thanks

Put frequently used (3rd party browser) or long-loading (such as PhotoShop or something like that) on the SSD and other programs on the HDD. Games don't benefit too much from being on an SSD, other than something like BF4 where loading the map first gets you in the game sooner or a heavily modded Skyrim.

That's pretty much how I have it now. I initially built the system for video editing and I have my video editing software also installed on the SSD. Just now branching over into the realm of gaming and was unsure where to install.

Put frequently used (3rd party browser) or long-loading (such as PhotoShop or something like that) on the SSD and other programs on the HDD. Games don't benefit too much from being on an SSD, other than something like BF4 where loading the map first gets you in the game sooner or a heavily modded Skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom