Ultra Sharp LCD or 19" CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
crt is sposed to have less i strain i think, + never heard of one heating up a room much

Trust me they do give off heat

and if u are goin for a marathon session of gamin ( a few hours)

u will notice da eye strain

question Rubbick- are you going to be going to school or moving around anytime soon? gonna go to LAN's or anything? I personally had no choice as a 13" crt didnt even fit my dorm. I have not regretted my decision a bit, plus my lcd can do lots of cool stuff like swivel easily, tilt, go up and down, and i can take it apart and move it in two seconds. like Shoobie said if you get one with decent specs they are very similar to crt's mine has 16ms which is plenty, a very small edge so no wasted space, and is DVI, VGA, and has video in, which is pretty cool cause you just push a button and it switches between modes and ive had a dvd player hooked up to it when i didnt have one in my comp, so i just started somethin goin on my comp then switched. and yes if you have the money, an array would be sweeettt!!! im wantin one soon.

it really depends on your budget and what you will be doing.

you cannot just say lcds are great. it matters what LCD screen you have lol. if you want a pretty good lcd youll have to pay 400+ for it usually

I think nowadays you can go with either and youll get great performance since lcds have definitely bridged the gap with crt monitors. the difference is that lcds will run you a good deal more. i just got a dell 2005fpw lcd myself and i love it. only thing i was scared of was when i played games that it would ghost or not be as smooth as my crt was but to the contrary it seems to look better. no problems with it yet. for what you need you can go with either a crt or lcd it all depends on what you wanna pay.

DUDE, don't think about anything. Get an LCD. You dudes that are telling him to get a CRT is cuz u'r jelous you dudes don't have 1 :p haha.. I had a CRT and it $h!tz your eyes, it even hurts. The colors are SOOO BAD, the contrast sucks and it looks like you are looking at lazers when you look at the screen (and you are). LCD delivers a MUCH CRISPER picture, and I don't care about the room in the back and weight. I hate CRTs and will never go back to them cuz they suck, and that is why they are so cheap... :D ;) :p

you are right, CRTs are not the best monitors out there. but, you gotta admit, they are only cheap due to their old, ancient technology, not because they suck so bad.

Seems like we can boil all this hubbub down to this:

LCD: Lightweight, less strain on eyes.
CRT: Cheaper, arguably better color-contrast.

I personally would go LCD just to get rid of the eye strain, I hate feeling like the monitor has a gravitational pull on my eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom