Crashes

It sends me message that I have to update my firmware for the disk, but I downloaded it from the producer website :/ I ran this test on windows but it showed me that disk passed all tests, tommorow I'll try to run it on DOS

Okay, so now: in DOS software from Seagate tells me that I need to update my firmware for this, but when I go to their website and enter serial no. of product, it showes me that there are no firmware updates for this disk. :/ In HDTune, I see that there are reallocated sectors, and spin retries with 'warning', rest is 'OK'.

here is the link to get the firmware
Firmware Updates for Seagate Products
Firmware update information for certain Barracuda 7200.11 Serial ATA drives
ST31500341AS
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/207957en
Are you getting the serial number directly from the drive itself? Seagate may not offer support if you have a Manufactures OEM drive, That means if the drive came out of a manufactured pc from Dell, HP, Toshiba....ect. Then you may need to go to the manufactures web site for support. If your out of warranty, plan on getting a new hard drive Those Seagate 1.5 TB drives have a poor reputation for reliability

Last edited:
Yes, i read about them now, last thing I'm gonna update this firmware, make a scan and if nothing will be showed, I'll just buy a new one. Hitachi will be better, am I right?

And before I'll buy new hdd, can you take a look at this? I ran memtest for 10hours

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 4
Any errors at all indicates either bad memory or bad slot.

Run Memtest again, but this time do it on 1 stick at a time, and in the same slot (start with the first slot). Once you find the bad memory module - toss it and replace it.

If it's a memory slot that's the culprit...then RMA your board (if it's still under warranty).

Back
Top Bottom