Will you be getting FC4? (Far Cry 4)

Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing it. It's kind of a big punch in the face to PC users. The way I look at it is like they said "If everybody can't have extreme graphics then nobody else should, let's just make it all equal".

Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing it. It's kind of a big punch in the face to PC users. The way I look at it is like they said "If everybody can't have extreme graphics then nobody else should, let's just make it all equal".

Won't Nvidia and AMD loose money.
You would think those two would be fighting with Ubisoft to work on it.

I thought these next gen consoles would be able to handle a lot more.
Not sure why they have to limit.
Well nothing i can do i guess...

Lol, they are very weak. They are priced low and M$ and Sony are even making profits on them. Usually you sell game consoles for a loss and make the money back on the software.

The CPUs in these consoles are exceptionally weak, developers can't do a proper multi-threaded code yet, and the GPUs in both are weaker than a 7870. The Xbox One is more like a 7850 and the RAM on the One is DDR3 so that slows it down further.

Ubisoft claims it is Microsoft and Sony telling them to water down the PC version and make everything 30fps (also check my sig for their other BS claim). Either way, it's all ****ing stupid. We shouldn't suffer because we're on PC. I honestly don't want to buy an Xbox One but my love for Halo 2 rules over all and I know those ****ers at Microsoft won't release it for PC.

Well it is on sale at Green Man for $48. Not sure if that is enough of a sale for me to commit. But , thought I would throw it out there. I will play/buy it after there is a way to play it properly on PC -and not before.

The CPUs in these consoles are exceptionally weak, developers can't do a proper multi-threaded code yet, and the GPUs in both are weaker than a 7870. The Xbox One is more like a 7850 and the RAM on the One is DDR3 so that slows it down further.

Ubisoft claims it is Microsoft and Sony telling them to water down the PC version and make everything 30fps (also check my sig for their other BS claim). Either way, it's all ****ing stupid. We shouldn't suffer because we're on PC. I honestly don't want to buy an Xbox One but my love for Halo 2 rules over all and I know those ****ers at Microsoft won't release it for PC.

There is still a reason to keep upping your hardware though. Resolution and framerate. Just cause Ubi caps some of there games, doesn't mean every game you buy is going to be like this. Infact, anything on the rift will not. I watched a presentation from last year on the rift. In order for a smooth, no lag, no motion sickness experience, you need 90 FPS. And you also need to render the image twice, once for each eye, so your resolution computing needs is essentially doubled. The first occulus will likely be 1440p, but they want to keep upping it down the road to eventually be 8 and 12k. It won't really matter that devs are being stingy in a few years because their games will bring your rig to its knees anyway.

only reason im not getting this right away is cuz it releases on the same day as dragon age 3. otherwise ill be all over it. i loved far cry 3

Last far cry I got was far cry2 and got it free and wasn't too impressed, getting 4 free also so I'll give it another shot.

Back
Top Bottom