Video Card Upgrade

Just thought I'd post an update on here. I ended up selling my 3 660tis for 460 dollars. (I'm in Waterloo, ON) And I picked up a MSI 780ti reference card. I've got it overclocked to 1269 GPU clock, and 7590 mem clock. I can't hit my previous scores with my 3 cards believe it or not. I thought this one would easily beat them out. Though these are just benchmark runs, not necessarily pure gaming performance

3 Cards - 3dmark ultra score 3138 - Unigine Valley Score (Extreme HD Preset) 3744
780ti - 3dmark 3003 and valley 3309

You buy it new? Should have got a 980 man.

Benchmarks are just that, benchmarks. They are made to tailor to "perfect scenario" and produce results for just that. Games don't take pure advantage of 3 cards so you'll score higher in benchmarks compared to actual gameplay experience on the 780ti.
For instance if you're playing a game that doesn't have a SLI profile (which would happen with the new games coming out) you'll be stuck to single 660ti performance vs single 780ti. Big difference. The 900 series cards have much better scaling than the 600 series and on the video Linus made you can see that things get hairy after 2 cards for most games all games around and 4 cards can sometimes drop performance. So with that alone you should perform better in gaming. I'd leave the FPS counter off in gaming to do a blind test and see how it feels to you.

I really considered the 980, and I still am considering to be honest. 560 US with a free game, and I am in the states in 2 weeks I could pick up. That being said its still 500 US which is 550 CDN. I picked up my 780ti for 400...

You have a link to that video you're talking about?

Back
Top Bottom