Questions about Kill Disk.

SHELBYGT

In Runtime
I have a question. I work at a place that refurbishes computers. Almost all of them are Wal-Mart returns. We do a visual check, (missing parts, dents, etc..)

Well we restore it first, then go into the bios, swap it over to legacy and boot up the kill disk. After that we package them and ship them out.

Does that fix a computer 100%?

Define "fix 100%". All KillDisk does is write 0's to the drive to make recovering data harder.

If there's any other kind of hardware problems, then no Killdisk wouldn't fix that.

Define "fix 100%". All KillDisk does is write 0's to the drive to make recovering data harder.

If there's any other kind of hardware problems, then no Killdisk wouldn't fix that.

When i say 100% i mean, if the computer had a virus, running slow,etc...

When i say 100% i mean, if the computer had a virus, running slow,etc...

Virus, yes. Running slow? That's entirely dependent on if it's only a software problem. If the slowness is being caused by hardware in the machine (e.g.. just outdated or something going bad), then no KillDisk won't fix that because like I said, KillDisk just writes 0's to the HDD.

Also, it'd be smarter to KillDisk it, THEN restore it. I assume by "restore" it you mean to reinstall Windows.

Yep, that'll erase absolutely everything on the disk :tongue: Operating system and all

Virus, yes. Running slow? That's entirely dependent on if it's only a software problem. If the slowness is being caused by hardware in the machine (e.g.. just outdated or something going bad), then no KillDisk won't fix that because like I said, KillDisk just writes 0's to the HDD.

Also, it'd be smarter to KillDisk it, THEN restore it. I assume by "restore" it you mean to reinstall Windows.

I was thinking the same about restoring it first but nope, thats how they want it done. Please note, the people i work with have very little knowledge upon computers. One guy told me that it would be more than okay to mismatch ram, being ddr2 or ddr3. 2gb of ram in one slot and 4 gb in the other would be just fine. lol he said there were no differences. Note this guy is a tech.

So as you can see i really dont have much reference to go buy when i'm there.

Lolwut

Good luck with that job then lol... my patience would be tested quite often there it sounds like.

And Yet ANOTHER reason I turn people away from refurbished items lol. Can only imagine the damage that's been done putting ddr2 into a ddr3 slot lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom