Codec trouble!!! Format c:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm... thats an odd one then. I know if you have a different codec collection installed then install another one, it can sometimes wreck havoc.

I was installing ACE and visiting southernlady's website. Her website is pretty heavy for my comp, I THINK that's why it froze. I had the same problem with Demalii's website some time ago www.neufo.com (got a bluescreen)

found this at another site, not EXACTLY what is needed, but is starting to point in the right direction.

You need to unregister each file with regsvr32.exe before removing the file. An easy way would be to use a batch file. You can get a list of your codecs on the clipboard by using GSpot (View > Installed Codecs > Video, r-clk any codec and select Copy All to Clipbboard). Syntax: regsvr32 /s /u [filename]
(/s: silent mode - only error messages)
(/u: unregister - as opposed to register)

This will unregister each codec from the system, after which you can remove the files without worrying about them coming back.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. Looks a little coplicated.
Do i need the regsvr32.exe if I use a batch file? where is that file located?

ah, dont worry about that... the link should do that for you in a batch... otherwise regsvr32 would of taken forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom