dat cable free life

PLEX is simple as pie PP, the only time consuming part is fixing incorrect movie matches which is usually rare unless the name is used for more than one movie, or your handling Anime...

For me, a combo of PLEX, and... various... sources that I shall not mention.

I only ever have issues with matching TV shows sometimes - King of The Hill was a PITA. The resource it was using to get metadata didn't have all of the seasons/episodes listed.

Ordering can be weird too for some movies in regards to sequels (i.e. Jurassic park and The Lost World is one I ran into). I had to manually edit the "sort title" on them to get in the correct order.

The only thing I noticed is it's pretty finicky with TV show names...

It CANNOT be "202" for season 2 episode 2, it has to be "s2e02" or something. Otherwise it thinks it's episode 100 of season 1... for some reason :tongue:

But no, Plex is easy to set up. Took me half an hour on *nix. Just add the source URL to sources.list, update apt-get, install it, and start the daemon. Then point it to your TV show and Movies folders and it pretty much does the rest :tongue:

My thing is time guys. I get home and I have about 2 hours to check stuff online, make dinner, eat, take a shower, take my migraine medicine, and get to bed. I don't really have 20 minutes. I have to check FB and TF while I'm at work just to stay up to date.

The only thing I noticed is it's pretty finicky with TV show names...

It CANNOT be "202" for season 2 episode 2, it has to be "s2e02" or something. Otherwise it thinks it's episode 100 of season 1... for some reason :tongue:

Yeah I had to go through and edit some of my filenames for shows. Was a PITA lol.

Would be sweet it you could just add in a custom regex according how to parse each media type separately.

My thing is time guys. I get home and I have about 2 hours to check stuff online, make dinner, eat, take a shower, take my migraine medicine, and get to bed. I don't really have 20 minutes. I have to check FB and TF while I'm at work just to stay up to date.

Install it while you eat :p.

Weekends!
i'm pulling 12-14 hour days here and I still find time :tongue: Though I'm single and rarely cook.... SpaceX provided two of my three daily meals :tongue:

Yeah I had to go through and edit some of my filenames for shows. Was a PITA lol.

Would be sweet it you could just add in a custom regex according how to parse each media type separately.

Install it while you eat :p.
Not really possible. When I eat I try to catch up on my Youtube subs but I have to stop every minute or so to turn around because of the damn kids. Kids are the same reason why it takes me longer than it should to make food and eat it. I have finally pretty much gotten away from microwave foods so takes a bit to make my meals.

Weekends!
i'm pulling 12-14 hour days here and I still find time :tongue: Though I'm single and rarely cook.... SpaceX provided two of my three daily meals :tongue:
I'd have way more time if I could still operate on 6 or so hours of sleep but with my new migraine medicine if I don't get enough sleep I'll pass out at work and I can't afford to lose this job. I love it here so far. I do 9 hour days and it takes an hour and a half out of each day with travel to and from.

My weekends are used catching up on things I can't do during the week. Cleaning, any kind of car stuff I need to do, grocery shopping, laundry, and I do have a family I need to spend time with. When I go to install the program I'll want to sit there and read stuff and figure it out. It'll take me longer to install because of that.

LOL @ PP... in the amount of time you explained why you didn't have the time you could have the plex completely running :p

<3

Back
Top Bottom