Need help picking the best GTX 970 if possible

krazyq

krazy Techie
So I would like to upgrade my GTX 760 that I just got few months back, I'm hoping someone will be interested in that, if you are please pm me.
I've been reading so many articles and reviews on each of the GTX 970s that are out right now, from eVGA, ASUS, GIGABYTE, and MSI and i'm really lost and confused.
eVGA used to be an easy decision however I've been hearing heating and coil whine/wine issues?!?!
I hear MSI has done really good, then I hear the GIGABYTE version with the back plate is the best out out there.
So ignoring a budget, is thee a best version out there for the GTX 970?
I have my eyes on the eVGA FTW version, is it really necessary?
I do not want to OC and want to be able to max it all out on my 22" monitor, maybe i'll play it on my TV. There's an offer to get Far Cry or AC for free, i'll prob do Far Cry since it's much easier playing that with a mouse
I'd like to stick with TD or Newegg now that Amazon charges tax in my state...

Thanks

Evga Is the best card brand I ever owned. Zotac don't seem to bad either. I have a beat up zotac 580 3gb that's been going strong.

Evga Is the best card brand I ever owned. Zotac don't seem to bad either. I have a beat up zotac 580 3gb that's been going strong.

I agree that eVGA is the best however I heard things have been different with them since the 970
And if I get evga...which one ?

If,it was me I would,go for the $330 970 4gb. Then so called super clocked are only slightly oced something that you can do yourself. I don't know if your aware but they are releasing 8gb variants of the 970 and 980. If you don't need the upgrade right away. Maybe wait for those?

If,it was me I would,go for the $330 970 4gb. Then so called super clocked are only slightly oced something that you can do yourself. I don't know if your aware but they are releasing 8gb variants of the 970 and 980. If you don't need the upgrade right away. Maybe wait for those?

I didn't wanna spend more than $350 unless these prices will go down once the 8gb come out plus won't 4gb be plenty enough ? Don't they just help with the resolution or is it now benefiting other settings like super sampling

Yeah that 4gb is very nice. Evga 970 can go as,low as 330. I'm curious as to how much the 8gb will go for.

I already explained to you about that. Linus even says something it on one of his videos too. eVGA are the best simply due to spectacular customer service and quality cards.

I already explained to you about that. Linus even says something it on one of his videos too. eVGA are the best simply due to spectacular customer service and quality cards.

Crap I was hoping you wouldn't find this....jk
My heart wants to stick with evga...however I've been reading so many good things about the MSI Asus and gigabyte version.
This is the first time I've seen reviews talk better about these other brands...

THe only things anybody could talk differently about is the cooler. It's what, a 125w TDP card? Cooling is a breeze. Most if not ALL eVGA cards can do 1500 on air, and that's with only 2 of those heatpipes connecting. Trust me, no one is better than the other besides customer service. You can ask Drogos all about his little Asus fiasco with his 780ti.

THe only things anybody could talk differently about is the cooler. It's what, a 125w TDP card? Cooling is a breeze. Most if not ALL eVGA cards can do 1500 on air, and that's with only 2 of those heatpipes connecting. Trust me, no one is better than the other besides customer service. You can ask Drogos all about his little Asus fiasco with his 780ti.

Ugh fine evga it is.
Will I be able to max out AC FarCry and Watch Dogs or maybe even when GTA comes out ?

Back
Top Bottom