weirdest problem I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make SURE that your motherboard is NOT touching the case in any way shap or form with the exception of the StandUp screws which should be securely connected to the MD.

If the bottom of the MB is touching he metal side of the case, there is your problem.

BTW, when you said you hit your case and it restarts, which side of the case do you hit, the side facing the fron or back of the MB?

I agree with the above, check the MBD it maybe grounding to the case. You could always remove it with minimal components and run it out side of the case. Usually there is either the paper washers or plastic clips for the MBD to rest when put in the case.

yea, the reason why i dont think it is touching the case is because why would it so easily spend a considerable amount of time functioning properly? in any case, im going to remove the mobo and put on some paper washers or plastic clips to be sure...prob wont be able to get around to it til next week

does the new case have a powersupply included? if so its possible that the powersupply is faulty... when I had a dodgy psu I experienced similar random reboots. If you have a spare PSU (one from your old case perhaps) try using this instead and see if the machine is more stable, if it is, you may have found the problem and the vendor should replace the case.

Good luck!

hygor said:
does the new case have a powersupply included? if so its possible that the powersupply is faulty... when I had a dodgy psu I experienced similar random reboots. If you have a spare PSU (one from your old case perhaps) try using this instead and see if the machine is more stable, if it is, you may have found the problem and the vendor should replace the case.

Good luck!

yea I'm using the same PSU as my other case - 430watt Antec. I experience the same thing when using another PSU

The next action I guess i should take is takin it all apart and puttin it together outside of the case

you can have a very close look at you bios settings too , in some instances if they are too high it will cause the same thing to happen

I think the problem is the power or reset button on the new case; try disconecting them from the mobo, and just put a screwdriver between the pins to turn it on, then see if it resets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom