R9295x2 good buy?

x51noob

In Runtime
Been thinking about this card, its 1,000 us dollars. My 780ti can't really keep up at 3440x1440 with max settings on the games I play. MLL/shadow of mordor etc. Would this be a good purchase to keep for at least a couple years. Also a 1000watt evga supernoga g2 should handle it right?

Been thinking about this card, its 1,000 us dollars. My 780ti can't really keep up at 3440x1440 with max settings on the games I play. MLL/shadow of mordor etc. Would this be a good purchase to keep for at least a couple years. Also a 1000watt evga supernoga g2 should handle it right?

No, 2 980s would be better.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

The problem with dual gpu graphics cards is that you can't really turn off the crossfire/sli as you could with two separate graphics cards in the system. Not all games support those configurations as well as a single graphics card. Also, depending on your processor, having two graphics cards may not make sense because of the bottle-necking that would go on if the cpu couldn't keep up with the graphics processing that is being done. If you were to get this card, which uses 500 watts on its own, that power supply would be sufficient.

I have a 4770k. I just want something for under $1,000 to last through 2016 when the next gen Nvidia arrives. May just get another 780ti and call it good.

That would probably be your best bet. It won't give the performance of two 980s, but it would definitely improve performance substantially for games that support SLI. You will also save money by buying another 780ti than buying two brand new cards. Hope everything goes well.

Do y'all think I will see gains in games like shadow of mordor with a second card even tho I'm already maxing on vram?

So then the HD texture pack? It says it requires 6GB of VRAM but when I used it there was no real difference and VRAM usage never went over 3.6GB during the benchmark. I also tried with High textures and with 150% scaling and VRAM never went over 3GB.

Back
Top Bottom