Help choosing motherboard and processor

My GPU takes up way to much room inside my existing tower covers some ports on the motherboard which in turn eithier allows me a cd drive or hard drive cos it's covering some ports.gutting really need to spend 100 quid just for abit more space even though there is nothing wrong with the existing tower.

My GPU takes up way to much room inside my existing tower covers some ports on the motherboard which in turn eithier allows me a cd drive or hard drive cos it's covering some ports.gutting really need to spend 100 quid just for abit more space even though there is nothing wrong with the existing tower.
If the GPU is covering ports on the motherboard a larger case won't help that. If the GPU is restricting access to areas of your case you dont need a full tower for that either. A decent mid size would be perfectly fine.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Yeah I know what your saying mcguire mate.I'm gonna try and use my existing one in all fairness and hope that the ports on the new motherboard won't be covered.I mean it is a decent size tower.

Yeah I know what your saying mcguire mate.I'm gonna try and use my existing one in all fairness and hope that the ports on the new motherboard won't be covered.I mean it is a decent size tower.
Not sure if you're understanding correctly. The case/tower has nothing to do with whether or not a graphics card will cover ports on a motherboard. That is simply down to your motherboard and graphics card.

Ye I do totally mate its down to the design of the motherboard and the placement of the graphics card I'm just hoping that the ports on the new motherboard will be in a more accessible position otherwise I won't have a chpice as for the silverstone sata cable appreciate the reply mate well worth looking into if the motherboards ports are covered.

Ye I do totally mate its down to the design of the motherboard and the placement of the graphics card I'm just hoping that the ports on the new motherboard will be in a more accessible position otherwise I won't have a chpice as for the silverstone sata cable appreciate the reply mate well worth looking into if the motherboards ports are covered.

Gotcha. SATA ports are on the bottom so should be good. Can use angled adapters if you need to.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Appreciate hey I could always look on the picture of the motherboard to see where the sata ports are positioned again I appriciate the advice being given from all parties

Back
Top Bottom