Upgrade RAM in Studio XPS 435mt

sparkyval

Beta member
Hi,
I could really use some help here.
I have a Dell studio xps 435mt and I am maxing out the RAM with just basic tasks let alone running any necessary programs. I can't afford a new computer right now and so I am trying to buy some RAM to see me through until I am ready for a new machine.
Options I am seeing are all dual channel but my configuration is triple channel...
here is what I have: i7 920 2.67 GHz
Motherboard Dell OR849J CPU 1
3 GHz Triple Channel DDR 531 MHz 7-7-7-20
Running windows 7 64 bit
Have not recently had this thing open so I am not sure how many slots I have but I know the max for expansion was supposed to be 12 G when I purchased. I further know there are no oem modules available.
What are my best options to get this thing running a bit better and maybe see me through until I have more cash lol?
Thanks for your help!

Maxing out 3GB of RAM with "basic" tasks? CLose out of background tasks man.

You can run any DDR3 1600MHz setup. so if you wanted to toss a 2x4GB in there it'll work fine.

Maxing out 3GB of RAM with "basic" tasks? CLose out of background tasks man.

You can run any DDR3 1600MHz setup. so if you wanted to toss a 2x4GB in there it'll work fine.
Okay so I checked and it is currently running 3 single 1G slots and at 1024MHz and there are 3 slots left...so does it matter if I put different sizes in the other slots? will it access all the Gs or is it a waste of time? Sorry... I don't really grasp how the triple channel thing works.

i guess I want to know does everything have to match on the other three slots to these three or can I just add ram willy nilly

A friend of mine had a similar setup and instead of the triple channel he just put 4 2 gig sticks and it ran fine.

Back
Top Bottom