Upgrading to IPS panel possible?

reconminicon

Beta member
Hi guys. First thank you for having me on the forum. Now second and why I am here, I had an accident with my laptop screen and it needs replacing so I started looking on eBay. I wasn't to happy with the screen as you had to be looking directly at it for best results so I asked if it was upgradable? I was told I would need a IPS panel. I have supplied various eBay shops with a photo of the part number sticker but I am getting no sense. I understand the panel I am replacing is a TF panel!?! This is what I want it for..

Dell Inspiron 15 3537
Bought brand new last year.

I have posted the picture of the part I want replacing.
Hope it can be done. Thx.

Just copied this from the Dell specs page.

Display
Type • 15.6-inch HD
• 15.6-inch HD with touch
Resolution (maximum) 1366 x 768
Dimensions:
Height 8.83 in (224.30 mm)
Width 14.17 in (360 mm)
Diagonal 15.60 in (396.24 mm)
Refresh rate 60 Hz
Operating angle 0 degree (closed) to 140 degrees
Pixel pitch 0.252 mm x 0.252 mm
Controls Brightness can be controlled using shortcut*keys.

Attachments

• 20141023_134111[1].jpg
    20141023_134111[1].jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Screen for Dell INSPIRON 15 3537. Replacement Laptop LCD Screens

There's the replacements for your screen - you have glossy/matte options.

As for getting an IP replacement... that's going to be hard to tell. You'd have to see if there are any IP panels that are the same size and have the same connector (type and position) - I'm going to just guess and probably say there aren't any that will work, or will be very expensive to actually get said panel.

Oh well if it is going to be expensive I think I will knock the idea on the head. Thank you for the advice.

Like I said, that's just a guess. You could surely look around and see if there are any the same size/connector.

You could always get an IPS monitor and use it as an external display.

Back
Top Bottom