Need your guidance with my new build

Rorytymon

Solid State Member
Intel Core i5-4690K, MSI GeForce GTX 970 - My Custom Build - Rorytymon's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

This is what I've made online, I have a few questions.
My budget is £700-800 so I have a few quid spare, however need an OS and a case.
I have 8gb corsair vengeance and a 600w corsair GS600 spare from my old desktop.

Please can you take a look at this build, see if it's comparable with each other and with my spare parts?
What would you change?
How do I make it better?
And what case shall I get that is able to fit it all?

Thanks this is my first build :)

Hi, parts look good and as far as i know they are all compatible, Do you realize using an aftermarket heat sink will void your intel warranty? so maybe dont use it unless your planning to overclock etc. I used an Antec one case for my build last year and its been very good has lots of fans with good airflow and it is also quiet hope this helps :)

Hi, parts look good and as far as i know they are all compatible, Do you realize using an aftermarket heat sink will void your intel warranty? so maybe dont use it unless your planning to overclock etc. I used an Antec one case for my build last year and its been very good has lots of fans with good airflow and it is also quiet hope this helps :)

What do you mean by the aftermarket heat sync?
Cool is that all I need from everything? :)

What do you mean by the aftermarket heat sync?
Cool is that all I need from everything? :)
im talking about the coolermaster hyper evo 212, an yes i believe you have everything motherboard would normally come with sata cables for your hard drive, ssd and optical drive, have you got a copy of windows? maybe watch some of carey holzmans videos on computer builds
https://www.youtube.com/user/CareyHolzman

when saying aftermarket heat sink im talking about the cooler master hyper evo 212. and yes it looks like you have everything apart from a case of course have you budgeted for a copy of windows?

Cool :) yeah I've calculated for that as well!
Would you say it's worth it?

I chose to stick with the stock intel cooler as i wasn't planning to overclock and dont really play demanding games- however the coolermasters heat sinks are very quiet and will keep your cpu cooler than the intel heatsinks. Perhaps its a good idea to use the stock intel one at first and if you feel like the evo 212 would make a difference then go ahead and swap them over

Back
Top Bottom