CCleaner

Anything that says "registry cleaner" on it. I steer away. To dangerous and IMO not needed. Also how does it securely wipe your drive? It would need to delete and overwrite it several times for that to work.

Just don't use the registry cleaner part of it then ;).

Looking at this thread its been a while since I used Ccleaner to format any of my drives!

Out of curiosity, writing 1's and 0's to the drive hence formatting the drive for security, is their a difference between writing acutall DATA and just writing nonsense to it.

Is it Safer writing a bunch of 1's and 0's as opposed to having a Tree available to recover the DATA, unlike writing acutall sensical DATA.

While were on about it, is their a difference between military standardized technology and whats available to the public?

If you want to be absolutely sure your data is erased use CopyWipe. CCleaner only has the option to add to it's convenience.

As for zeroing the drive or writing valid data, they both do the same thing. Just think of the drive platters as pieces of paper in a book. Writing a word with a pencil would be like saving a file. Erasing that word would be like zeroing. Writing another word to replace it would be overwriting. That simple.

Last edited:
I've been using CCleaner for over 3 years. This program get's rid of so much junk on my PC and fixes so many registry errors and unused file extensions from removing programs. This program is a must have for any Windows user. Great review man!

Yeah I agree with everything you said. I like using it because when you wipe a harddrive (blank/unused space) you can get a lot better performance.

Back
Top Bottom