New gpu upgrade

flipp1234567

In Runtime
Hi so i posted in trouble shoot about a week ago and it is about time to get a new gpu. Currently operating on roommates 6670.

I don't exactly have a budget limit, but would like to keep it in the bang for buck value range and the manufacturer brand must be reliable. Because i don't want my card capping out on me after 2yr 9 mo. Again.

I'm split between r9 280x, gtx 770, gtx 970.
Only reason why I'm considering the gtx 970 because of how it performs for the price compared to the 290x.

Thanks guys

Re: new gpu upgrade

3 years but they have been known to take cards outside of the warranty period before. It's not so much the warranty but rather the exceptional customer service. They offered to replace a motherboard I fried doing phase change once before.

Ok. that's great to hear. I'm not saying XFX had bad customer support, in fact, it was rather good. The only issue i had with it was how they said they would endorse a warranty but went back on it a few hours later (from another member of the support team)
Also another random question, Do you by any chance know what XFX warranty policy is with dual fan GPU's? (if there is one) Reason i ask is because the reason they couldn't honor my warranty is because my card was single fan.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Depends on their warranty policy per model. XFX used to honor all limited lifetime but now they typically only offer the usual warranty like everybody else. XFX used to be the best like 10 years ago, but these days I don't really prefer them as a brand for team red.

Oh... that kind of sucks. Too bad it varies per card with XFX.. it sounded like they had some kind of system going on.

Anyway, thanks again :)

As for a random update for those who will see this,
I just talked to an XFX representative about the warranties of different type cards (since my warranty got denied). They said 2+ fan XFX cards are ALL lifetime warranty and ALL single fan are 2 years. :O

Last edited:
I've sent them back a message on their support page with most of your links, and how they're all fricken 1/5 - 1/7th of what i paid for my GPU. Hopefully they'll help me out...

Back
Top Bottom