USB works on Rosewill internal card reader but cards do not

ryanhostetler

Baseband Member
I just installed a Rosewill RCR-IM5001 internal card reader into my Windows 7 PC. I connected the USB 2.0 connection, SATA connection and power supply. The three USB ports work perfectly, but the SD card slot and the MicroSD card slot don't work. There are two lights on the front of the reader and neither one lights up. I've tried changing the SATA port and I have double-checked the power connector. Still I get no response when I plug a card in. Suggestions?
Also, I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 and my motherboard is an MSI X58M

I've ran across a couple of those Rosewill sd card readers that do not work, You can get an RMA from Newegg they are very good about that

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my computer or what. I bought a StarTech internal one last week and the USB drive worked but the card readers did not, same as this Rosewill one. The difference was that that one only had a USB 2.0 connector and this one has the three connectors.

You can try re-installing the Intel chip drivers and see if that helps. There are also several bios revisions available too since your board first came out, getting the latest bios will bring everything up to date but flashing your bios is always a risk that you need to consider as a last option. If the flash goes bad you'll lose your motherboard and will have to replace it

if all other devices work in the usb (thumb drives, mouse, keyboard...ect.) port....then the only thing I can think of is to try another sd card reader

Back
Top Bottom