Think I'm going to Cry...

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I think I've just blew my Mobo and Duel Core CPU. Installed the full System in another Chassis, that I've bought off Play.com, The PSU is working fine, all voltages are fine and checking as normal. Now the Problem I have is when I'm jumping the Motherboard I'm not getting a Boot of the system it self and thus nothing is powering up. I've plugged in the 4 Pin Power connector and getting Mobo power, now the 20 Pin connection ATX I'm getting nothing when trying to test the system to see if it will POST..

Any help please. Thanks.

Any fans spinning? Make sure your RAM is fully seated - I've done that a few times where a stick was slightly loose and didn't allow the system to POST.

Can always also take it out of the case and see if it posts outside of the chassis to make sure it's not a grounding/short issue.

I've got the RAM Installed Correctly, I've also checked the PSU with a tester. Tried jumping the Motherboard with a Pin before connecting the Internal chassis Wires, and also got the 4 Pin Connection to the Motherboard Seated correctly, When I'm Plugging in the 20 Pin Power Cord nothing. How ever when Powering up the PSU with the Tester I'm getting the Fans spinning on the PSU it self, their is no activity from the Motherboard.

Edit: Their is no activity other than the 4 Pins lighting up the Chassis LED Fans..

You need to plug the 20 pin in before shorting the two power pins and you can't leave the short. Just tap it till it turns on.

I've plugged it in first and tapped it. I've tried it. I'm going to have a tinker on with t now, while I'm online now. See if I can make any Magic happen.

I see a common mistake is that people do not thoroughly check the position of the standoffs that mount the board to the case or the I/O shield, if one stand off is in the wrong place or if the I/O shield is not aligned it causes a short and won't post. Not stating that's your issue but just something else to consider
The best method to check this is to pull the board from the case, set it on a non-conductive surface like cardboard and see if it'll post outside of the case

I see a common mistake is that people do not thoroughly check the position of the standoffs that mount the board to the case or the I/O shield, if one stand off is in the wrong place or if the I/O shield is not aligned it causes a short and won't post. Not stating that's your issue but just something else to consider
The best method to check this is to pull the board from the case, set it on a non-conductive surface like cardboard and see if it'll post outside of the case

Hands up. Come on people put your hand up and lets see who is the biggest and most dumb mother ****** on tech forums. That would be me Spud1200. I'm going to admit and hold my hands up and God help me for the Ripping am about to get so be Gentle people.

I had the Power and other switches connected to the wrong jumper on the Board. Its booting and Posting. Sorry for wasting you time.

lol it happens. i made my step dad a pc and could figure out why it wouldn't post for 10 mins.......... i forgot to put the ram in lol

Back
Top Bottom