New DVD drive help needed

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi, I have an old dvd/cd rewritable drive that wouldn't open most of the time so I thought I would replace it with an extra one that I had lying around. The one that was in the pc used a molex for power and an IDE connecter from the ribbon. The newer DVD drive has a 2 pin connector for power (I believe) which I do not recognize and the other connector i do not recognize either.

Is there an adapter I can use to connect the different cables so I can get out of the as cheap as possible? Please let me know what I need to do.

thx

A 2-pin connector? Mind posting a pic of what the connections of the new DVD drive are?

I'll try and find pics but it is a HP DH-16ABLH-HT2 DVD/CD Rewritable SATA Drive

Last edited:
OK i Have 4 SATA power connectors on my MOBO. 2 are used. I see 1 Sata power fits in the back of the new DVD/cd drive. I'm not sure if I have A sata data connector on my mobo. Does that mean I need to get a IDE data cable to sata data adapter and I am all set?

thx

Last edited:
Your stating....
OK i Have 4 SATA power connectors on my MOBO. 2 are used.
I'm not sure if I have A sata data connector on my mobo
Your board should have sata data ports (connectors) Your power supply needs to have the sata rails (power connectors) Motherboards do not supply the 12v|5v power to run a cd|dvd drive in that sense

I can't understand your question, do you have a brand name and model number of your motherboard?

Last edited:
Your stating....

Your board should have sata data ports (connectors) Your power supply needs to have the sata rails (power connectors) Motherboards do not supply the 12v|5v power to run a cd|dvd drive in that sense

I can't understand your question, do you have a brand name and model number of your motherboard?

mobo is a D945GTP.

thx

Back
Top Bottom