Idea

Lasoy

Beta member
Hey anyone has any input or idea towards an Toshiba Satellite A215
Model #PSAFGU has AMD Turion 64*2

It keeps restarting after Toshiba Logo Screen appears.
I have already tried taking out the battery and remove power cord to reset it
I remove the CMAS,also tried starting up on one memory just keep restarting.

Note efforts to try all Function keys before or at logo are proven Futile

any input would be appreciated

Does it blue screen or does it just restart? Does it get to the Windows loading logo or does it reboot before that? When it reboots does it actually reboot or does it turn off completely?

After the Toshiba logo flashes, start pressing F8 to load up the Windows Advanced Boot menu and try Safe Mode. If that doesn't work, try selecting the "Disable Restart on System Failure" and see if it gives a BSOD.

No it does not go blue screen and it does not reach windows logo it just reboot before that,and
it actually restarts and does the same thing,it won't go in the safe mode when i press f8
it shows to press f2 to go to settings but when i press f2 it looks like it wants to load but just restart after 10 seconds.

which option lets you Disable restart on system failure ?

You have to get to the WIndows Boot Menu to get to Safe Mode / Disable Restart options. You need to start pressing F8 after the Toshiba comes up and disappears. Not on the screen with the Toshiba logo. F2 for Settings is probably to go into BIOS - if you're not able to go into BIOS even then there's other issues.

Ok i just tried the F8 before the Toshiba Logo it still didnot take it. i am wondering if doing a reflow on the GPU will help,why it comes to mind i had repair HP DV 6000 that was just restarting and i reflow it and it stopped.but this is a Toshiba so i dont know if it would considering it shows the logo, what you think ?. am just thinking ahead too

Back
Top Bottom