broken computer don't know what's wrong

I looked at the newegg order history. there is an XFX manu/production warranty of 2 years but i got the card the day it came out, which was january 24th 2012. I could still ask and see but i really doubt i can. Plus since i'm in college i don't have the box to give them the item code or wahtever it's called.

I looked at the newegg order history. there is an XFX manu/production warranty of 2 years but i got the card the day it came out, which was january 24th 2012. I could still ask and see but i really doubt i can. Plus since i'm in college i don't have the box to give them the item code or wahtever it's called.

You could certainly try and see if they'll still honor the warranty.

I was able to get Intel to warranty a CPU in my desktop (e6750) when it was 6 months outside of warranty. I did it over the online chat; I was very calm and patient with the rep while he worked with me, which IMO helped my case to convince him to warranty my CPU.

yup. being easy to deal with is key wen asking for a RMA. i got asus to replace my rampage III and they replaced my gtx 780 ti a few months a ago.

AMD has a warranty request form where i just submit a quarry. I'll still submit a warranty but i don't know if i'll get as lucky as you guys.

Thanks for the help. was about to buy a new GPU too :eek: hopefully i can save some $$$$

UPDATE: AMD got back to me saying to contact manufacturer (XFX), which i did and they got back to me within 2 hours and responded to me twice within 3 hours. He ended his statement with

"I apologize for the inconvenience our product has caused. I will now endorse your issue for RMA. Please wait for an update regarding your RMA details."

I think this means i got an RMA on my graphics card? I'm really nervous that it doesn't but if so:
Thanks CarnageX. i wouldn't have tried RMA knowing i'm 9 months over warranty if u hadn't said anything. and thanks everybody else who has helped me with newer gpu options and tips.

UPDATE: AMD got back to me saying to contact manufacturer (XFX), which i did and they got back to me within 2 hours and responded to me twice within 3 hours. He ended his statement with

"I apologize for the inconvenience our product has caused. I will now endorse your issue for RMA. Please wait for an update regarding your RMA details."

I think this means i got an RMA on my graphics card? I'm really nervous that it doesn't but if so:
Thanks CarnageX. i wouldn't have tried RMA knowing i'm 9 months over warranty if u hadn't said anything. and thanks everybody else who has helped me with newer gpu options and tips.

Yup, sounds like the rep authorized an RMA for you. Should be getting another email, or message on their site, about RMA details (the RMA # to write on the box/put on the packing slip, address to send to, packing instructions, etc.).

Not a problem - glad to help. Never hurts to at least try to get an RMA - some companies will work with you even though you're technically outside of the RMA window.

Back
Top Bottom