broken computer don't know what's wrong

flipp1234567

In Runtime
Hi so i just come home to turn my computer on from sleep... It pixels out and i blue screen. Something about hardware. I turn power off via psu switch in the back so i can let it rest for 10s instead of power button because it reboots itself immediately. Afterwards, computer doesn't start at all. Just a black screen. When i got the power button again, it turns right off, usually need to hold it down to power off

Is my cpu broken?...

Assuming you have Windows 7 or below... If you can get it to get passed the splash screen that shows your computer's brand, start pressing F8. You'll get to an Advanced Boot Menu - select the option that says "Disable automatic restart on system failure." Wait for it to BSOD again, and get us the following info:

The text in all caps at the top (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL), the STOP code and it's parameters at the bottom (will be formatted as 0x000000## where ## is some alphanumberic combination), and if a driver is mentioned below the STOP code (will be like FILENAME.SYS)

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Can you please post the brand/model of the computer if it's a prebuilt?

Are any fans running or lights turning on?

What is the system, there is a LOT of things that could cause that, Even a ram stick gone bad would do it, Not sure if you've ever been inside your PC but it's not really hard to do, Let us know what you can do or haven't done and we can walk you through a few other tests, If you've changed parts in the past try removing one ram stick and try booting it, If it doesn't boot unplug again and switch the ram stick with the first one, (assuming there are only two) If you have 4 then just run one at a time and if one won't boot up and the rest do then you have a bad ram stick. I just repaired a system that wouldn't power on fully and no monitor powering up, It turned out to just be one of 4 ram sticks gone bad. Let us know what your system is brand and model so we can see what the specs are.

Dauntae

Dauntae

Desktop computer.
Personally built

Intel i5 2500k
8gb gskill ram 1600
Amd 7970
Idk what motherboard
1tb wd black caviar
H80i water cooling

Everything runs. Fans, lights, liquid cooling fans, gpu fans run, monitor recognizes something is happening is not "not recognized signal" is just nothing. When i start pc, monitor goes from oj (sleep) to blue(start) to oj again.

also have not changed anything in pc for past year or so.

Have also reset cmos, took everything but cpu off mobo and put it back in. Will try one ram stick

Last edited:
If the ram doesn't do it GPU could be a issue also, if you have another to try and see if that works, Or Even onboard to see, another possibility could be the PS might be going and not supplying enough voltage, Trouble shooting a issue like this an be challenging because so many things can cause this.

Ram didn't change anything. I suspect is gpu... I don't have in board graphics to verify... I'm at college so it will be hard to find someone willing to help me...

This may also seem weird but according to kill a watt i used 690.9 kwh in the past 3 days which is absurd amount of electricity. Half the time in sleep mode. You think the psu could get busted from that much energy?

Problem fixed. Roommate had a crappy gpu for ke to use... Am very sad i spent 600$on that thing... Although to be expected because of an event that happened 2 years ago with my dad turning off electricity in my room resulting in bsod....

Anyway thanks guys who helped me out

Glad it worked out for you, Now you can get a GTX970 for $320 and it's a beast of scarf, plan on ordering one soon myself, just waiting for the one I want to get back in stock.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom