Good PC, fps laggs while streaming and not only!

I'm using OBS. Ye i know about upload but I have 10mb upload. The thing is sometimes it works fine but idk, i have 3500/3500 and quality isnt the best basically. And Sometimes im feeling that my stream is off, i havent checked it out with this program in background yet.

Talk to your internet service provider, tell them you want to stream but its laggy.
If anything you might have to upgrade your internet package.
Besides all that, I recommend you get a psu like this one:
Antec NeoECO C NeoECO 620C 620W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

When you oc to do full gaming while streaming, recording, converting and etc.
That would help you out in the long run.

Can you link me couple PSU that are good for my PC? I want it today and this one you linked isnt available in my town.

You need to link a site that provides hardware for your area to give us an idea of what your market has.

Do you have Seasonic or Corsair RM/TX/HX devices?

For OBS up stream, you can get away with up to 9000kb easily. That can provide a good stream with High quality level availability.

I have 10mb upload. It's polish sites, It doesn't matter which store really. I live in big town, the PSU previous guy linked I can buy but at monday. Maybe I can find something quicker. Maybe SilentiumPC deus M1 or XFX XTR or Corsair CS Series 650W? Idk i guess there are many similar to each other PSUs :)

Yea, 10Mb upload which has a max theoretical bandwidth of 10240kb/s. Putting it at 9000 gives enough headroom for any dips from the ISP. The software rate limit is in kilobits, not bytes.

I forgot Euro has the CS series. Those are good units, and if you can get the CS650 that would be a good choice too. I asked for sites because each area has different part availability so I can't chose something off Newegg and expect polish retailers to have it. Much like how you have VS and CS series but we don't.

Just really wanted to confirm it was the PSU before you going through all that work of swapping though.

You mean buffer size 9000? The twitch.tv maximum bitrate is 3500, if I set more it doesn't matter anyway. + Will I have more FPS with new PSU or just steady current one? Overall I asked some good WoW streamer what his settings are (he has worse PC than me, but 2 video cards - dunno if it matters). He told me he has 3000/3000, when i use 3500/3500 the quality is worse.

So this Corsair CS 650W is gucci? lemme find it then in my town :)

Last edited:
They say max bitrate should be 3300 or 80% of your upload and they say on their site for 1080p 3300-3500. They don't say that the Twitch maximum bitrate is 3500. OBS has recommended as 3500 as well, but doesn't mean you can't set it higher. On an 80Mb upload connection I have set it to well over 20Mb (25600) and I didn't see a decrease in quality, and it only used what it needed. The biggest thing here is are you using CPU or GPU for your encoder?

No you will not have more FPS. FPS gains are only from hardware, mainly your GPU. If you want more FPS you need a better GPU. The PSU is only to stabilize power output IF that is your problem. We still haven't really figured out your actual gaming FPS dip issue. You said earlier you didn't have that issue, so it could or couldn't be your PSU. That's why I wanted you to do an extended test with MSI Afterburner and play until you got that dip to see what the issue is before wasting money.

Yes the CS650 is a good PSU. Probably won't ever have to update that as long as you stick to using a single GPU.

How can i check what encoder do I use?
Ye like I said before, during small fps lagg spike I checked MSI Afterburner and Core Clock If i remember we'll was dropping on the monitor. So basically It means I need to buy new PSU, right? Yes and I'm still waiting because there aren't any PSUs in my town that I can just drive and buy. Tommorow or monday.

It would be on the same page as the bitrate in OBS. On the top where it says encoder. The NV one uses your GPU and the other uses CPU.

Ah ok if that's the case then I must have misunderstood you earlier. During that dip what was the temp on your GPU? I'll just say, a new PSU wouldn't hurt but I know not everybody has expendable income to just toss when it could go to something better.

Back
Top Bottom