Help! Sound issues

[KR]Alex

Baseband Member
Well as PP and CarnageX know, i have this old dell optiplex gx280 that i got from a friend. I got the internet fixed and just today (07 October 2014, around 4:50 GMT) I had bought this pretty awesome 21.5 inch AOC Monitor, I had a keyboard and mouse from my raspberry pi and my neighbour gave me really good dell speakers. Ok, I installed the SoundMAX drivers, All it does is the native windows sound work. My problem is that youtube, vube and other video/music sites etc Will not play sound through my speakers or through my sony headphones. Any help would REALLY be appreciated right now.

Do normal audio files play properly, i.e. MP3's?

What browser are you using that you're accessing these sites?

Do normal audio files play properly, i.e. MP3's?

What browser are you using that you're accessing these sites?
Have not tested MP3's, ill think of that down the line.

Im using Google Chrome as Internet Explorer really does suck. I mean it.

Try playing local MP3's. Also try IE to see if it does it there as well to make sure it's not a browser issue.

Try playing local MP3's. Also try IE to see if it does it there as well to make sure it's not a browser issue.
Sorry, IE wont even let me search for a youtube video. Ill test the MP3 now.

EDIT: Yep, MP3's work, i tried michael jackson they dont care bout us and it worked with vlc media player.

Last edited:
Sorry, IE wont even let me search for a youtube video. Ill test the MP3 now.

EDIT: Yep, MP3's work, i tried michael jackson they dont care bout us and it worked with vlc media player.

Erm, what do you mean IE won't let you?

If this is the system you just installed XP on...make sure you've done all Windows updates are are on SP3 with all updates installed.

Erm, what do you mean IE won't let you?

If this is the system you just installed XP on...make sure you've done all Windows updates are are on SP3 with all updates installed.
Just updated this pc to sp3 about 2/3 hours ago.

What i mean IE wont let me is that there is the youtube search bar, logo and no text, no video, no images. pretty much nothing apart from those 2 things.

Make sure you're on IE8 with all updates.

Try FireFox to see if the issue persists there.

For IE and Firefox make sure Flash is installed. Chrome comes with it natively, but XP SP3 now has issues with Chrome because Google is seriously a total fgt.

Make sure you're on IE8 with all updates.

Try FireFox to see if the issue persists there.
Hmm, I actually didnt have internet explorer 8 but ill get that update now.

Please no firefox, its not ad free and its full of homophobic ad's, sorry.
I could try Opera or Maxthon if you think so.

EDIT: Internet Explorer 8 does not support windows xp 32bit sp3, sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom