Further study into programming

Easywink

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm really interested in going into further study of programming and getting into game development and I'm wondering what course I should be looking at, should I be looking at a level 3 Diploma in IT or something else? Also what's the difference between normal and extended because I can't seem to find the obvious difference and it appears they both last the same amount of time; I greatly appreciate any replies I receive, thanks.

You'll want to look into Computer Science or Software Engineering; some schools have a Game Design major or specialization you can declare while taking CSC or SE courses, as well.

Not sure what you mean by "normal" and "extended"... more specifics on that?

IT courses usually have very little to no programming.

If you're wanting to get into Game Programming as a career, then you'll want to get a degree is Computer Science or Software Engineering or Software Development (depends on what your college/university calls it).

Like I said, IT courses have little to no programming courses. If any, they will be extremely basic/intro level.

For game design/programming, you're going to have to go into intermediate/advanced level courses.

Back
Top Bottom