Review: Dynamode 3.5" to SATA ' IDE External Drive Enclosure to USB Ver. 2.0 .

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I bought this device as I had posted about purchasing a second hand HDD in the "What you just bought Thread." I was very excited for it arriving but found the enclosure it self 'Fiddly' and it has a tendency to become quite moderately Warm to Hot.

I will say their is not much room for maneuver in the device it self as everything is compact and tightly fitted. The Dynamode External enclosure is quite weighty in it self with out a 3.5" SATA or IDE Drive fitted as to which when fitted its quite heavy and my self personally like that as the Case is made from thick Metal, mabie Stainless Steel I'm not quite sure.

The actual power adapter provided being hear in the UK is a 3 PIN UK Plug socket and is very poor in the length and the Kettle Wire also called a IEC Kettle Lead easily falls out the laptop charger style power pack. The USB Cable is no more than 2 Meters in length so if purchasing this product be aware you will gave to have a Socket and the Enclosure close the to system you are using it for other wise provide you own USB Ver. 2.0 DATA Lead.

I at the time of this Review have mine sitting on my Desk with the USB Cable stretched, what is not good but I have found that the Power lead isn't sufficient in length. The External enclosure has its own Power Switch, and is seen as Plug and Play despite being a SATA \ IDE device originally due to the USB Functionality.

The fitting of the Device is not Good as the Screws you or I had to use pressure on the Back of the Enclosure to securely fit the device as one unit. What I do like about it its Snappy looking comes with the tools to fit everything together including the IDE \ SATA DATA , Power Leads along with the stand to mount it on the Desktop environment.

Overall I'm giving this product a 7 \ 10 for the Tools included, DATA Leads and Power Cables provided along with a Mounting stand but overall their are drawbacks.

:D .. ..

You should get the 2.5 Inch one. No external power needed. I have it. I would reccomend it 9/10 Cuz it kind of screwed my drive, now it has 3 partitions permanently ;(

You should get the 2.5 Inch one. No external power needed. I have it. I would reccomend it 9/10 Cuz it kind of screwed my drive, now it has 3 partitions permanently ;(

Use GParted to fix your partitions.

I have not had any problems with the enclosure as of yet and I have have had it Booted on my Network for over two weeks contently. GParted will work as I have used that before, have a look at Google and look it up threw their or feel free to post hear if your unsure.

I have bought the drive second hand and the enclosure was going cheap so I bought it as I have no room to start with in the Towers I have.

Sorry to hear that BTW about your Drive but its unbelievable the amount of HDD I go threw. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you. :( ..

Use GParted to fix your partitions.
GParted usually never works for me, sorry ;(
Ill try it later down the line if really needed to.

I have not had any problems with the enclosure as of yet and I have have had it Booted on my Network for over two weeks contently. GParted will work as I have used that before, have a look at Google and look it up threw their or feel free to post hear if your unsure.

I have bought the drive second hand and the enclosure was going cheap so I bought it as I have no room to start with in the Towers I have.

Sorry to hear that BTW about your Drive but its unbelievable the amount of HDD I go threw. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you. :( ..
No, no. a kind honest person like you, i would believe you.

Wow, such usage of hard drives xD xD and triple xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Is GParted built in to every Windows OS, I'm sure I've used it on XP before.

GParted is a Linux based Partition Editor - it's not built into Windows.

The Windows Disk Management is built into Windows, however (which is probably what you're thinking of).

GParted is a Linux based Partition Editor - it's not built into Windows.

The Windows Disk Management is built into Windows, however (which is probably what you're thinking of).

Had a feeling I was wrong but I wasn't sure, oh well. I'm deffo thinking of something else. Wounder what it was I used, Must of been the Windows Disk Management like you say. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom