baracuda 1tb hard drive disappeared after power loss

Guess I better bring in my dump truck load full of WDs for you then lol.

Missed the point I made with my mention of enterprise drives.

Here I'll spell it out for you.

Enterprise drives are made for enterprise solutions. Does it really surprise you consumer drives buckled during enterprise loads? I don't actually remember them mentioning using refurb WD or HGST drives in that article, but I admit I'm too lazy to actually go back and read the damn thing consider it in its entirety is completely irrelevant to ANY and ALL consumer applications. Period. That is regardless of brand.

Both WD and Seagate have their ups and downs on a per customer base. Get over it. If I wanted to purposely find horror stories from either side it would be quite easy. Just like with AIO coolers and SSD failures.

The same could be said with Nvidia vs AMD, or Intel vs AMD, or insert manufacturer of GPU or motherboard vs other manufacturer.

regardless where they used them
Seagate drives failed in same conditions as the other drives.
their justification sounds like they just don't want to make Seagate look bad so they re like.
well hes retarded but hes cute if a girl would say...

point is I have now 3 Seagate drives in the corner and none of WD or other brand.

they didn't just run Seagate drives harder they ran the others as hard and they didn't fail theres no excuse
the failure rate at higher demand still means higher failure rate at regular demand

it slike saying Hyundai engines keep blowing up during endurance race. but they still good for daily driver right?

Again...I reiterate my opinion.

LOL tried to tell some of you guys to leave seagate alone till they got their act together..
This is why I recommend wd or maybe something else if it won't crap out within 1 one year.
I see one other guru is starting to come to terms seagate isn't what it use to be. :/

its not just Seagate. I follow the car audio industry very closely( I used to work as an installer for almost 10 years) and still do as a hobby

every single industry no matter what it is.

the quality and popularity of the brand goes in waves.
I don't know if its done on purpose or naturally

take pioneer sony kenwood jvc and alpine.
all are great brands top in their field for car stereo no question

but they all have their ups and downs.
until recently pioneer was riding out their name and almost drove itself to the ground by making ****ty units alpine did same thing.
while jvc sony and kenwood used that to power up and bring some goodies to the market. bringing their names out from the dirt again.
im sure everyone knows how popular sony explode product line was

same with computer brands. WD wasn't always better than Seagate and other brands same.

but at the moment they are. typical consumer that doesn't follow industry details they just ask the salesman" which brand is better for this much and this much.
the salesman or "pro" is responsible for circulating the bad or poorly designed products in my opinion. just like I was responsible when someone asked me what headunit and speakers are the best for this price. my lack of knowledge would cost a customer much headache if I sold them a crappy stereo thinking that it was good.

my dad still has an old Seagate hard drive that just kept running forever in a usb drive. and we just threw it away after 20 years. because it was a 20 gb drive

so I hope I didn't offent Seagate fans too much because I don't think the brand is bad I just think that at the moment WD is better quality. and that may change any time without us knowing... so its nice to keep up to date on tests and benchmarks.(which I should have done before buying Seagate drive(s)

when I bought the 10000rpm barracuda they were the ****. according to benchmarks
but about a year into it they started dropping like flies.

its not just Seagate. I follow the car audio industry very closely( I used to work as an installer for almost 10 years) and still do as a hobby

every single industry no matter what it is.

the quality and popularity of the brand goes in waves.
I don't know if its done on purpose or naturally

take pioneer sony kenwood jvc and alpine.
all are great brands top in their field for car stereo no question

but they all have their ups and downs.
until recently pioneer was riding out their name and almost drove itself to the ground by making ****ty units alpine did same thing.
while jvc sony and kenwood used that to power up and bring some goodies to the market. bringing their names out from the dirt again.
im sure everyone knows how popular sony explode product line was

same with computer brands. WD wasn't always better than Seagate and other brands same.

but at the moment they are. typical consumer that doesn't follow industry details they just ask the salesman" which brand is better for this much and this much.
the salesman or "pro" is responsible for circulating the bad or poorly designed products in my opinion. just like I was responsible when someone asked me what headunit and speakers are the best for this price. my lack of knowledge would cost a customer much headache if I sold them a crappy stereo thinking that it was good.

my dad still has an old Seagate hard drive that just kept running forever in a usb drive. and we just threw it away after 20 years. because it was a 20 gb drive

so I hope I didn't offent Seagate fans too much because I don't think the brand is bad I just think that at the moment WD is better quality. and that may change any time without us knowing... so its nice to keep up to date on tests and benchmarks.(which I should have done before buying Seagate drive(s)

when I bought the 10000rpm barracuda they were the ****. according to benchmarks
but about a year into it they started dropping like flies.

Well when seagate didn't have as many issues like they did they're were good.
If seagate were to make drives stable and I'm not having to rma the drive within one year.
I recommend anyone else to buy it, they're main problem falls back on a manufacturing problem.
Until they fully sit down in a meeting and address whats making them fail.
I'm not using it till I see from other users on rhe net next year they're not reporting hdd failures.

I know mister guru likes seagate but I warn him about it off and on.
Not trying to boast or laugh at his mishap but just saying leave products alone that have a high failure rating inconsistently all year long.

Also when you buy hard drives buy based on build quality and your storing needs.
The 2 wd hard drives in my machine is around 7200rpm.

Read, write and chuck files back and forth while working on projects like videos I barely see any slow down.
Not unless w8 hates me again with registry foul ups. :D

Back
Top Bottom