Asus K53E freezes when not playing games?!

Have you tried updating your drivers from the manufacturer's website? And by that, I mean not Asus's site. Go to Intel's site and reinstall the drivers from there.

If you move the laptop lid back and forth while it's doing that, does it get worse or stop? It's possible it's a loose connection.

Does it do that when the computer is starting up as well? Or if you boot into Safe Mode?

Moving the lid doesnt affect it in any way. It never happened while the pc was booting itself, but there were moments when it freezes just as the desktop loads. It seems that while in safe mode it doesnt happen, but i cant realy guarantee it, because sometimes it gets a few days without 'freezing'...

If it never does it in Safe Mode, then it's not a hardware issue. It'll be a software or driver issue.

How do I need to find out what software or driver could be doing this? Shouldn't be there some kind of error reports?

You can check Event Viewer, but I doubt it will give any errors.

You could try uninstalling/deleting the driver through Device Manager, reboot, and then reinstall the driver that you downloaded from Intel's website.

Back
Top Bottom