Official Windows 10 Thread

Win10 is kinda bleh to me so far, they are touting features that should have been there in the first place, and some "features" that have existed since 3.1? (minimize and so on...)

It might be enough to get me to upgrade from 7... I really like the new start menu.
Also not sure if this one's been posted... but I heard someone at work say "9 is an upside down 6" -- Windows Vista was windows 6 :tongue:

Win10 is kinda bleh to me so far, they are touting features that should have been there in the first place, and some "features" that have existed since 3.1? (minimize and so on...)
They are touting features consumers complained that they wanted, and you want to complain that they added said features? It's basically just them saying "here, we gave you what you wanted, please use our new OS". I'm more interested in DX12 than anything this OS may have to offer and the engines/games that will come out later to utilize it.

In regard to minimize...they're talking about how the Metro apps are Windowed now instead of full screen.

I'm another who likes 8.1, At first I hated the missing start button but startisback solved that, So mine looks and works just like my 7 does but has the extras if I want to use them, Never used the tiles and have yet to find a use for the aps. I use this system mostly for gaming and the system with 7 for other work and what not. I do like 8.1 though and will probably keep using it until my next system whenever I build that which most likely won't be for many more years now.

Dauntae

I'm the opposite. I run 7 for gaming for max stability and run my daily VM which is 8.1. The weather app comes in handy when left open on a different monitor.

LOL I don't need weather aps, I live in New England, If you don't like the weather here. Wait 10 minutes, it'll change LOL. I could see your point when you had the issues, Comparability is a PITA but so far I have had no issues at all and every program I've installed went well and even some older ones work really well on 8.1 for me.

Well like I said, stability. I had random crashes that could not be figured out each and every time I used 8.1 as a daily on my rig. Googling after a while has shown the light that I'm definitely not the only one with weird issues and random crashes that can't be fixed. I rather not deal with that.
My other ordeal was permissions. For some reason even using the same user name and password when accessing files on my external drive or server I always had issues. It was weird crap like these that I decided I'll just stick to 7 for my daily and recently decided to move to my VM setup for simplicity.

Oh, and my classic theme. The look of 8 is a total nag to me.

Back
Top Bottom