Best Laptop Spec for Avid, Adobe etc.

Mmmm I was looking at some of the Eurocom options regarding dual GPUs. Don't suppose you know if their laptops have PCIe slots? Just thinking that an expansion chassis and second GPU card might be a near future upgrade...

No they use MXM like any other higher end laptop. They do cater their laptops to be easily upgradable due to the fact that they are designed in such a way to easily get to the inner components from the bottom. You could just get a Quadro now and ask for a better Quadro later from them.

Gigabyte is also working still on a Brix box that will hold a standard PSU and GPU for laptops.

Yea that's why I said Eurocom because if you have the cash IMO they make the best "user experience" laptops. They make true portable workstations too with desktop class CPUs and upgradeable graphics.

I need a little more advice now please!

So, having looked through a few different options on the Eurocom website, I've narrowed it down to the Scorpius 3 and the X8. However, I'm struggling to determine why the Scorpius commands a £100 higher price tag when having lined up the specs, and changing the options to have the same CPU (2.80 GHz i7 4810) and GPU (Quadro K3100M) I cannot find any difference. Am I missing something here??

And then looking at the Neptune 3 that comes out even cheaper! Confused!

Thanks again for your advice here, I am eternally grateful!

The X8 seems to be the better deal as it has a beefier AC adapter and better wifi. I think the screen on the Scorpius might be better though.

The Neptune 3 is cheaper because it doesn't support dual cards.

Back
Top Bottom