Can't boot into Windows 7 HP dv6t-6100

Ok so I have an update.
So I tried installing Ubuntu again last night and the installation was lagging like crazy and the keyboard was being all weird.
Tried it again this morning and it installed smoothly however the mouse pad isn't working (guessing drivers?)
I tried installing xp and got a bsod with an acpi.sys error.
I remember how sometimes you can get stuck in the windows logo part if you have a different sata option picked for the hdd however this bios is terrible, there's nothing to change, everything seems locked.

Do you guys think this is still pointing to cpu?
Do you think i need the original recovery disk? It can be purchased from their website for like $25.
I think when I last worked on this like 2 years ago, I replaced the hdd and install windows just fine and then I might have updated the bios, so maybe this new bios is terrible and locked? Did they do this on purpose?

Attachments

• 2014-09-27 09.12.55.jpg
    2014-09-27 09.12.55.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 6
anything guys?
I'm in desperate mode...
I think I've tried everything that has been suggested.
What do you think of that XP error.

And no there isn't a memory card in the machine

The XP BSoD is because AHCI is enabled in BIOS - a lot of factory BIOS (especially laptops) you can't change this and it's locked to AHCI/SATA mode instead of IDE/Legacy mode. You would need the SATA drivers for XP to install it. Laptop BIOS are always locked down tight - it's just what they do.

The XP BSoD is because AHCI is enabled in BIOS - a lot of factory BIOS (especially laptops) you can't change this and it's locked to AHCI/SATA mode instead of IDE/Legacy mode. You would need the SATA drivers for XP to install it. Laptop BIOS are always locked down tight - it's just what they do.

So it's game over on this laptop?

So it's game over on this laptop?

No its not game over not by a long shot.
if you check the hp link I posted awhile back but this might help
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) - HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

@Carne your currently windows guru central isn't there a way we could identifie what sata drivers he needed for xp ?
I would ask ksod but seing as I haven't seen him nor do we talk he might have a clue or too with this issue.

Also visit this link it could help krazyq out but he would need to verify with his bro if the laptop is out of warrenty.
Insyde bios mod requests.
That maybe abit extreme but in cases like this I recommend he do that.
Last time I had needed a mod bios chip was with my old Slot 1 700mhhz Pentium 3.

Last edited:
No its not game over not by a long shot.
if you check the hp link I posted awhile back but this might help
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) - HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support
Unfortunately that requires a working Windows install, because it has to be ran from within Windows.

@Carne your currently windows guru central isn't there a way we could identifie what sata drivers he needed for xp ?
I would ask ksod but seing as I haven't seen him nor do we talk he might have a clue or too with this issue.
The SATA drivers should either be available on HP's site (not likely) or can be found from looking at what chipset it's running and getting the drivers from the motherboard/chipset manufacturer.

Though, not really sure why XP should be installed. I'd go for looking to get a Win8 disc to test with, since it will have the native SATA drivers with it.

Also visit this link it could help krazyq out but he would need to verify with his bro if the laptop is out of warrenty.
Insyde bios mod requests.
That maybe abit extreme but in cases like this I recommend he do that.
Last time I had needed a mod bios chip was with my old Slot 1 700mhhz Pentium 3.

Shouldn't really be a reason to mod the BIOS on the laptop, unless he really wanted to.

Unfortunately that requires a working Windows install, because it has to be ran from within Windows.

The SATA drivers should either be available on HP's site (not likely) or can be found from looking at what chipset it's running and getting the drivers from the motherboard/chipset manufacturer.

Though, not really sure why XP should be installed. I'd go for looking to get a Win8 disc to test with, since it will have the native SATA drivers with it.

Well I do have a windows 8 pro iso disc o I got from ms back in december 2013.
The only problem with that is he would need a key to get by the installation setup.
Check your pm I want to ask something before I upload my iso to him to try out.

Since I work at Best Buy HQ not geek squad, we have them on site so I thought I'd talk to them. He said he'll try some stuff for free so I'll bring it tomorrow.
As much as we hate being wrong, I really hope I did something wrong just because I really wanna get this fixed

So...you guys have given up in trying to help me?
jk
So Geek Squad couldn't figure anything out.

3 weeks ago I tried booting it up again with a Windows 7 Cd and...IT WORKED.
The setup worked just fine, brother in law has been using it for 3 weeks now with no problem.
Idk how long it will last however so far so good...
Didn't try anything different but I'm glad it started working

Back
Top Bottom