Kingston Ram...Lookin' Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnowNothing

In Runtime
It seems like as we get nearer to Christmas holiday the price of a 512mb stick of ram from Kingston is decreasing. Yesterday (12/6/04) the price was 74.?? and now it is 70.27. If youre looking to buy Ram, check HERE

P.S, please leave your negative comments about Kingston ram at the door, I'm not rich, so I'm sorry If I cant afford 200 dollar ram.

If you're not going to overclock your computer, go for it. Kingston is one of the most reliable rams out there.

Is that for the Dell Dimension 2400 you were posting about earlier? Read the computer specs carefully, because my parents' 2400 said that the DIMM's had to be installed in pairs. Yours could be totally different, I'm just saying.

oh.. he has a dell? now that makes it complicating because only dell rams can be used in dell computers.

geo3tech said:
oh.. he has a dell? now that makes it complicating because only dell rams can be used in dell computers.

are you serious?!?! that's insane, and also hard to believe. my dad had a gateway and i still have my old emachine, very propriatary, even more so than dell, and we both upgraded our ram with store bought brands and they worked fine. of course, dell may be more pitiful than i originally thought.

no not all Dells use proprietary memory. Maybe some of the older machines, but many of the new Dell dekstops & laptops use regular DDR.

Yes, I agree with the last poster, I have a newer 2400, which I bought in Feb. I do believe that it can support that Ram.

Click HERE, scroll down to the 512mb Ram card. It lists all the compatible models with that ram, and I do believe it is the same Kingston I am talking about.

but it looks like it's still "specialized for dell" rams.
It's not like you can't just get a valueram and stick it in to your dell or get a xms series 3200 and use it even though the new dells use ddr

I might be wrong, i'm just commenting on this from knownothing's website that he gave us. It's not juse regular rams, it's "specialized for dell"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom