will GTX 780 work on these specs ?

MoeNAGY

Baseband Member
Hi there, I got the CyberPower Gamer Ultra 2098:

I'm considering getting the Asus GTX 780 to install on it.
here are my system specs. I know I'll deff need to get the power supply replaced, anything else thou?

AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz Quad-Core CPU
Gigabyte M68MT-S2 Motherboard
8GB DDR3 1333 (2 x 4GB) Memory w/ CL9 Timings
500GB SATA III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive
24x DVD±R/±RW Dual Layer Optical Drive
500 Watt Power Supply
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Are you buying the 780 new? If so, just get a 970 instead.

Also, if your PSU is generic it will need to be replaced. The FX4100 will be the bottleneck in the system.

Yea i'll be buying it new .. the 970 will cost more ,, i'm looking to spend no more than 350 on itt.. and about the CPU, thats baaad :annoyed: .. what processor would be needed + how will i knoe if it is generic or not ?

Last edited:
Ok, if I'm looking at the same card you are, it's $329 on Newegg. You can have this 970 for the same price once it comes back into stock. It's better, uses less power, and puts out less heat.

EVGA 04G-P4-1970-KR GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 G-SYNC Support Video Card - Newegg.com

By searching for your model PC, it shows that you have the FX4300. Still a bottleneck for either the 780 or 970. I would say if you could get an FX6300, but before you buy either GPU you'll need a new PSU. I'm seeing your PSU is an Apevia which is bottom of the barrel quality wise. The absolute minimum I would put in your machine is a Corsair CX500, and you'll need the CX600 if you plan to go with the 780.

thanxx a lot man .. deff been so helpful, are u sure the FX6300 will be good for the 780/970 ? and do i go with 3.6 ghz or 3.5 ? which is better ?

Not as good as say having an i5, but definitely better than either the FX4100 or 4300, whichever one you have. Obviously the 8320 would be a better bet, but I would be afraid of running it on that board plus probably out of your price range.

Just whatever you do, replace that PSU before putting either card in the rig. Even if it means sticking with the slower CPU. Don't want to fry your PC from pulling too much power.

another quick question .. i heard u can over clock the FX6300 to avoid bottleneck, will that work ?

Yes, but you'll need a good cooler. The boost for the FX6300 isn't too bad. I'd say just use it the way you get it unless you see any issues. Also, your board is not made for overclocking.

Edit: I could also ask what games you intend on playing and that should also tell us a bit more of the story on how the CPU will perform.

Last edited:
i got another computer that has i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20ghz .. will that work lololol ? take this from here put it there and that's it lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom