Building Me a Gamming Comp, Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GimiMyGF4Ti4600 said:
Hey, I live in phoenix, whats the monthly cost of your service? DSL doesnt cut it.

$35/month for cable (now $42/month), 2Mbit (was recently cut to 1.5Mbit), but nonetheless, AT&T gives out unlimited bandwidth here.

I'd go with a GeForce4 4600, a 4200 is just basically a suped up Geforce 2. Or so i've heard...

BTW I too have AT&T broadaband, unlimited bandwith up hear in MN.

GenocidePunk said:
I'd go with a GeForce4 4600, a 4200 is just basically a suped up Geforce 2. Or so i've heard...

GeForce4 Ti 4200 and 4600 are based on the exact same chip - NV25. Only difference is that the 4200 has support for 64 and 128 MB of memory (others only 128), plus variations in clock speed. The only 'souped up' GeForce2 is the GeForce4 MX (NV17).

hehe i just felt like i'd resurrect this post, from back in 2002...really? they sold p4 1.7 processors back then lol

kinda disturbing how far we've come eh? (<-- i'm so canadian lol)

Wow, your right lol I totally didnt know this thread was that old. I still havent built myself a gaming comp. No money income, :( its just another lost dream :(. SOMEDAY!!!! hehehe :) Right now im kinda leaning towards something a tad cheaper like art (although believe me, nothing can replace the joy of playing diablo 2 late at night, for days on end, or tactical ops all day in the same old servers, where everybody knows your name ;) ). Oh I miss it all so much.... But with a ghetto computer, its really hard to play games anymore, nearly impossible... someday...

Look at my computer specs..... o_O (they're in my sig)

My computer should be worth at lest 10k becasue it's "ancient". ;)
I also have a Macintosh all the way back from around the 1990s that is still in perfect working condition. ^_^ I'll sell it to you for 25k (It even has the first edition of Sim City. :D

Lol that is ancient. My uncle probably has one of those laying around also, no wait, worse then that lol. I remember when that was good though, i may have some money comming in soon from ebay stuff but i'll probably spend it on a tablet.

We have this old server board that has dual 286s on it.....lol and we use to have these two huge servers...pieces of junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom