Can my Lenovo G700 upgrade to HDMI 2.0?

og5

Baseband Member
My Lenovo G700 has an i7-3612QM quad core processor and Intel HD 4000 graphics card. But seeing as I bought it as a refurb on March of this year, it's probably not HDMI 2.0 (though there's the possibility).

1) How can I check to be sure?

2) If it's HDMI 1.4 or lower, is there a way to upgrade to HDMI 2?

An integrated graphics chip means that you can not change the hdmi on it
3612QM: An Ivy Bridge-based quad-core processor clocked at 2.1 GHz with Turbo Boost support up to 3.1 GHz. Offers an integrated HD Graphics 4000 GPU running at 650-1100 MHz on a dual channel DDR3 memory controller.
Lenovo G700-59377109 - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews

If you go to the support area of the Lenovo web site and enter the complete model number, you might find the specs to see if it has hdmi 1.4 or 2

Last edited:
Thanks, any idea how I can find the HDMI version? I've scoured the web for the model number of my computer but have been unable to find it.

I'm sure this is unlikely but I'll ask: Is there a possibility to add displayport 1.2?

It is not possible to add display port either. However you can adapt HDMI to Display port. I't might be helpful if you outline what your desired goal is. Then we can try to see if we can figure out a work around. I assume you are hoping to hook a specific item to your computer...

Yes I'm trying to get a 4k display at 60 hz, which needs HDMI 2 or displayport. Perhaps I could get there with an external USB video card that bypasses the integrated video?

No, business use only. I thought about going with 30 Hz but after seeing what 30 Hz looks like in person, it's unacceptable especially given the amount of time I'm in front of my computer.

So far I'm not seeing anything that even remotely supports 4k because USB2 bandwidth isn't high enough. You've got 2 options that I can see so far. Deal with 30hz, or wait for Gigabyte to finalize and release their GPU in a box solution for laptops. The only other obvious answer being buy a new laptop. 4k is too new right now so you won't find very much support for it right off the bat.

Back
Top Bottom