15 minute load time on an i7-3612QM ?!

og5

Baseband Member
hi, I made a quick video to show you the loading issues I'm having on my i7 (3612QM) laptop with 8 GB of RAM: 2014-09-27 17h48_37 - YouTube

I don't do any heavy video editing and if I'm in Photoshop, it'll probably be for less than five minutes. I do run a decent amount of windows at once but even then I never take up more than 5.5 or 6 GB out of my 8 that is available. If anybody could help me understand why am facing a 15 minute load time and having to restart my computer every three or four days I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Your slow downs could be attributed to something thrashing you hard drive. Remove any programs your no longer using, uTorrent is running in the background too, remove that if you don't need it right now, and also remove Java too.
Run malwarebytes to see if anything is malicious and clean up your windows before proceeding
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
You can also run AdwCleaner but be aware that'll take out all tools bars if you let it (you need to tell it not to take out any toolbars you want to keep)
Downloading AdwCleaner

Make sure all drivers are up to date from each individual components manufacturer's site. You said it tends to happen when coming out of sleep mode? What about hibernate? It's possible that it's a driver issue when coming out of sleep.

Sent from my HTC One

hi, I made a quick video to show you the loading issues I'm having on my i7 (3612QM) laptop with 8 GB of RAM: 2014-09-27 17h48_37 - YouTube

You have way too many apps and background services starting up.
Check your video at 0:22 to see why I say this.
Turn off utorrent turn off adobe apps on startup, turn off skype nothing but a memory hogger if you don't use it daily.

Like joe said already try to limit what starts up with windows.
Since you use 2 browser at a time like I do try not to have many tabs open.
If your laptop is on a cord, don't have it hibernate or sleep.
Without a cord have it hibernate after 1 hour if you close the lid down and go somewhere.
Get into the habbit od defragging daily and clean up any windows clutter or debris.
CCleaner is good for that, system mechanic basic is better for keeping your windows laptop in good performance.

Back
Top Bottom