New and Need Help

Thanks, Not a problem for me at all, Actually enjoy this type of stuff. There are a few choices on the MB with a few different options, I'll take another look later and see if I can find one with a little more for close to the price, That one is good but I'd prefer one with the 7.1 surround built in in case you ever feel the need for it. Just one of my personal preferences.

okay i found the video but im confused on what i need with the processor. Where would i put it at? Or am i just missing something?

I was trying to stick to the same platform to possibly keep in tact his copy of Windows. I guess if we're building a new machine you can still save some money.

Get the 4430 instead. to shave off about 30 bucks.
Intel Core i5-4430 Haswell Quad-Core 3.0GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54430 - Newegg.com

You can save another 10 or so bucks if you wanted to get this motherboard.
ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

If you want to go with the 970, then just stick with the PSU I linked before.
SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Believe it or not I've actually used the case before. It'll fit your card fine and be decent for your machine since the 970 and 980 barely put out any heat. You can still use the 200r if you want to though as it's a good case.

The 970 just went out of stock. My luck haha. I dont think i want the 980 just to save some money. Is there any other GPU that you would recommend?

Back
Top Bottom