New and Need Help

I'm not sure what exactly that is, will have to do a little research, might be something HP had added for some reason, Dell had one line of systems that the mainMB plug was wired differently and people started burning out there system trying to upgrade the PS, Well Dell did it so you'll need to go direct to them to upgrade but all it did was make a LOT of people avoid Dell for that reason. I'll do ALittle searching and see if I can find out what that is for.

Are you sure that plug iOS wired to the PS, I don't see it on the HP site even, Might be zip tied together with the PS but goes elseware. Here is the site showing the MB layout.
HP Support document - HP Support Center
Im sure! When i tried to power up my computer with a different PS it didnt even turn on. we took it back to ask for help and 2 of the people in the computer department said that hp added it for some reason. and said it needed a plug for it to work.

I can't even really tell what it is with that angle.

Also Dauntae, that's the correct spect. The top slot is positioned just below the HDD cage so it has clearance all the way to the front of the case. Might be an issue with the back plate of the 980, but the white slot is a 16x too.

If you're worried about it that much you can always get a new board, CPU, RAM, and case with the remaining 300 bucks of your budget easily. Or you could reuse your CPU, doesn't matter much.

So just to be clear i get the MB GPU and Power supply and mroe RAM? that all i should need? And could you link me to get more RAM?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom