Whats going on?

BooofTech

Beta member
Names Nelson and I am new to this forum (obviously). I will be coming on here from time to time to look up information and ask questions about everything from technical advice to life advice. Hopefully this forum is full of great contributors and not full of 12 year olds! Look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Welcome. I just joined about a week ago. So far i've seen mostly useful dialog and helpful people. No 12 year olds so far.

I believe most of us are college-aged or older here (for the most part). Quite a few just finishing or have finished college.

Thanks guys and @carnage, that is good to know. I am 24 and am working on a few certifications so most of you being in or finishing up school could really come in handy for me. Lol, look at me, take take take.

Welcome, I got my start in 2007 asking questions. I got certified, much to the help of the tech-forums. I'm sure you'll benefit from the knowledge here.

Welcome, I got my start in 2007 asking questions. I got certified, much to the help of the tech-forums. I'm sure you'll benefit from the knowledge here.

Which certifications do you have? I am currently in a Tech school working on my A+ at the moment and they offer other certification classes but those I have to pay out of pocket. I really do not know which direction I want to go in but from your experience ( anyone else as well) which ones would you recommend to begin with that can open many doors to some sort of entry IT job.

It really depends on where you're going, and the specific field. Hands on experience really shines during an interview and I've only been asked about certs or a degree twice in the many interviews I've had. I recently interviewed at IBM (Softlayer) and they only asked if I planned to pursue formal education. I'm post college age but just started taking classes.

I'm post college age but just started taking classes.

Plenty of people past typical "college age" go into higher ed. One of my really good friends is 30 that I took a lot of classes with; he'll just now be graduating. Saw quite a few other "older" people too in several of my classes.

Back
Top Bottom