Old Dude Needs Advice

tuttle11

Beta member
I'm 45 and I have been teaching mathematics for 13 years and the Air Force for 8 years. I'm burning out of teaching and looking for a new career change. I have worked on computers my whole life, at any given moment i have 3-5 computers I'm fixing for someone. I'm currently studying Ruby and Java programming through Udacity.com. I have spent weeks looking for a Masters degree program. And even longer wondering about certifications. I will be taking my comp-Ti A+ test shortly. I love programming, making websites, just working on computers. What directions can I go? Am I too old? Just want to work with computers for the latter half of my years. Any suggestions would be great and thank you for taking the time to read this. I know this has been discussed in other forums, but I wanted to personalize this one. Obviously I cannot figure this out on my own.

Kinda depends on which direction you'd like to go. Do you want to do more IT-centric tasks, or program? For programming, there's Computer Science and Software Engineering degrees you can go after if you're wanting a degree in something programming related.

At this point I was thinking between a Masters in Computer Science, or Masters in Data Analytics. Both would probably use my math bachelor's degree a little more than masters in IT

You could go more specialized as well. My degree was in IT and TBH it had very little IT in it outside of pseudocode and a little Java.

BTW I am 46 and you are not too old. ;)

Back
Top Bottom