hyperthreading

Status
Not open for further replies.
P4C800 mobo has many sensors on it running on it, plus creative Audigy has 2-3 programs, my AV runs 2-3 more. then comes my many other design related softwares that run with the system even when not used. + logitech drivers for mice, keyboards etc etc etc. long list

Well, the sensor programs are up to you, but i have an Audigy 2 ZS and i turned off all those stupid programs as they don't really do much for me, and i have a microsoft intellimouse and a logitech i-touch keyboard and i don't have drivers for either....??? I'm sure you could dump those, waste of ram and CPU power.

Blind_Arrow said:
Alex, not every 2.4 came with HT,

are you on 2.4C series? as in 2.4 clock, this is only CPU that came with HT. else higher versions.

No I don't think I do.

Thanks, even though I'm now dissapointed. :confused:

HT splits the processor, but if you have like 3.0GHZ 800MHZ FSB, then it will be like 1.5GHZ 400FSB <<--and that sucks bad. I'll rather have a faster computer and do the work faster, and then start the second application or whatever

thats not quite how it works, and by no means does it slow down the proc. in any way

hey GageMW, could you explain in detail why it doesn't work like what pc_boy said?? not just saying by general, it doesn't work that way, specificly plz.

hehe i wish i knew, but i have a gist,
i think that basically the proc runs as much as it can processing one thing, but i think it has extra resources which it then ques and begins on other tasks, but i have played around with setting and turned HT on and off on mine well running bare mimimle tasks, except HL2 and if anything it preforms better with HT cause it can deal with all those necessary backround tasks while focusing on game, although i really like AMDs i have to admit, hyper threading is pretty useful, and i am sure that it does not split its entire power between all things, or each of my programs including windows and backround stuff on a 2.8ghz proc would only be getting about 65 mhz right now, which they dont. ask nubius or something and prepare for his sermon with snacks, but im fairly sure that it doesn't work like pc boy thinks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom