MSI H97 sleep mode issue, Need a little help

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Ok I built a system for some one last weekend with a MSI H97 Guard-Pro and a I5-4690 and all went well, Anyhow yesterday when he went to bed he left the system on and it went into sleep mode as a lot of people do. On MSI there is a LED on the board that blinks when it's in sleep mode, Well no matter what I do I can NOT get it out of sleep mode now, Cleared cmos, powered down. I even took the system apart and reassembled it to make sure nothing was grounding out (Yes I tried to boot it out of the case) Well anyway if I hold the power button the sleep light just starts blinking as if it's in sleep mode. I actually DID have someone come to me with a system doing the same thing but I managed to get that one going but for the life of me I don't remember what I did since it was years ago. Any ideas on this one. Tried different ram different PS, re seat the CPU.... I'm running out of ideas. PS won't even spin up the fan, just one little LED blinking to let me know it's in sleep mode. No bios to go into until I can wake this puppy up. Hoping this won't turn into a RMA.

Thanks for any help.

Dauntae

When you cleared the CMOS, did you unplug the PSU and then press the power button a few times to clear any juice left in the capacitors in the PSU? Same with when you totally reassembled it - it's possible that there's something going on there maybe?

Yes I did, Actually put another PC in also just to be sure, Strangest thing is the power button only causes the sleep mode LED to go on soil oaths power switch is working (also tried the screwdriver trick on the pins) But nothing really powers up, Itgets minimal power from the PS but no fan going on. The led that lights up is only to show it's in sleep mode. If I can't get it going tonight I think I'll just have him do the RMA.

Back
Top Bottom