Just lost all sound from SB X-Fi ExtremeGamer 7.1 Sound Card - help!?!?

King$nake

In Runtime
Ok I was just playing Warthunder, and the computer froze, which is unusual.

I rebooted it, and now I do not have ANY sound whatsoever.

Here is what I have found:

If I go into sound settings in the Windows 8.1 32 Bit Control Panel, it shows an active volume meter.

The Speakers are working, because if I pull the plugs out they make reverb sounds when I touch the tips.

I have tried plugging the speaker/sub inputs into the Motherboard instead of sound card, doesnt make a difference.

I also updated my Sound Drivers as well, no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way I can switch on the motherboard for audio? I think I remember I can instlal some realtek drivers or something

Last edited:
Also a couple times the sound has come back for a split second and then it is quiet again...

Make sure the right audio device is set as the default output.

Right click your speaker icon in the system tray -> Playback devices -> right click your Creative output -> Set as default (this is also how you could set the Realtek audio output as the default).

Make sure the right audio device is set as the default output.

Right click your speaker icon in the system tray -> Playback devices -> right click your Creative output -> Set as default (this is also how you could set the Realtek audio output as the default).

Thanks, I tried everything today.

I finally just uninstalled all sound drivers from device manager, plugged in the speakers to the on-board audio (Asus P5B), restart the computer - and I think it automatically installed sound default drivers because now everything is working again.

Back
Top Bottom