help me get my computer cooler..

Status
Not open for further replies.

crow0021

In Runtime
i have installed a intake and exhaust fan on my case. i also upgraded to a faster fan with a copper core heat sink. my temps now with my system(read signature) is about mid 40's for idle and and low 60's with a load. is this ok temps? any suggestions?

what kind of thermal paste are you using? and how many CFM's is the fan you just got?

i didn't install it, don't know the paste. the fan is about 35cfm. sorry idle temp and load temps are in celcius( 45, 60)....

crow0021 said:
i didn't install it, don't know the paste. the fan is about 35cfm. sorry idle temp and load temps are in celcius( 45, 60)....

hmm...who did install it? My bet is if it was a store they used a crappy thermal pad or did it wrong. I'd do it myself and use Arctic Silver 5. You can Google a how to if you don;t know exactly how.

And it's actually better you measue in Celcius. I can;t think of anyone who measures temps on a computer in Ferenheit. Celcius is the standard now i believe:)

crow0021 said:
what would be good temps for my system?

well...i would say anything below 40C is good for idle. and you dont want to go above 50C load.

But if you aren't as picky as me anything below 60C should be OK load. idle dont matter much unless you want to brag about it lol.

so, if i apply good thermal paste, maybe a 2nd 30cfm exhaust fan at the rear it would help more??

Even though I live in the united states, soposably the "best" nation in the world, we are the most ignorant people ever and that's the only reason that we still don't use the metric system.

I wish we would go to metric. It makes things like 10 times easier cause everything is based on 10's!!

crow0021 said:
so, if i apply good thermal paste, maybe a 2nd 30cfm exhaust fan at the rear it would help more??

adding another case fan will only help if the inside of your case is hot. if it's jsut the CPU then a case fan probly wont help at all. i'd try thermal paste and see if it lowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom